We have developed a detailed monthly management information (MI) pack which is used by a number of hotels.
Our MI pack includes:
- A one page summary highlighting the key financials and key performance indicators tailored to the requirements of the stakeholders.
- Commentary, the majority of which will be written by the General Manager, ensuring that the majority of any significant variances to budget are commented on, with an overview of anticipated performance to budget over the coming months.
- Visual presentation of the numbers to ensure easy understanding of key movements against prior year and budget.
- Profit and loss account, including actual month performance against budget and the same month of the previous year, year to date performance against budget and against the same period for the previous year.
- Balance sheet, including balance sheet notes that we believe are fundamental in ensuring the balance sheet is fully understood. We also compare against budget, focussing on working capital and the cash impact of any additional investment in working capital against budget and an understanding of whether this is due to timing and will unwind or whether further consideration into this is required.
- Cash flow statement, with comparison against budget.
Feel free to contact us and we will be more than happy to share with you our example MI pack